Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eminem: My Kids Help Keep Me Sober

Monsters and Critics

 
Eminem has credited his three daughters with helping him stay on top of his drug addiction treatment.

Asked what had helped him stay sober, he said: “My kids – I love them so much, and they’ve helped me through so many things.”

The 37-year-old performer has opened up about his drug battle, saying the title of his new album, Recovery, refers to his battle with drugs including 'Vicodin, Valium and Ambien, and toward the end, which caused my overdose, methadone'.

Eminem said: 'I didn’t know it was methadone. I used to get pills wherever I could. I was just taking anything that anybody was giving to me.”

The rapper discussed his decision to not go to rehab for a second time in a bid to kick his habit, telling the New York Times: “I detoxed in the hospital, and then I came home. I couldn’t go back to drug rehab. I felt like I was Bugs Bunny in rehab.”

Reflecting on his first stint in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility, the 8 Mile star said: “People at rehab were stealing my hats and pens and notebooks and asking for autographs. I couldn’t concentrate on my problem.”

The rapper also explained that he had no plans to tour because of the physical toll it would have on him, saying: “Touring is hard on the body. It used to be a big trigger for me with drinking and drugging.”

Eminem, whose lyrics have been labelled homophobic in the past, discussed whether he would like gay marriage to be approved in his home state, Michigan.

“I think if two people love each other, then what the hell? I think that everyone should have the chance to be equally miserable, if they want,” he commented.

“I think I’ve calmed down a bit. My overall look on things is a lot more mature than it used to be.

“It’s the new tolerant me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment